- Boreen Point Campground sitemap and park rules (2.7MB)
- Boreen Point Campground - Application Form for dogs (614KB)
Nature Lovers Alert! Camping in natural bushland on the shore of Lake Cootharaba, the largest lake on the Noosa River. Lake Cootharaba has been a popular spot for camping, fishing and sailing for more than 70 years. Keep the tradition alive and set up camp in one of the most pristine and untouched natural areas on the Sunshine Coast.
The lake has a long sandy foreshore for the length of the campground. Kayaks can be hired from the onsite office. Boats and watercraft may be left on the beach during your stay. An ideal base for nature based outdoor recreation activities including bushwalking, mountain biking, bird watching.
We are not on Town Water, so please make arrangements for your own water supply. Note: The toilets and showers are connected to Borewater.
Families with young children enjoy the BMX track, sportsfield and half basketball area.
The historical Apollonian Hotel and Lake Cootharaba Sailing Club are nearby.
Access to the Park is suitable for convention vehicles and roads are sealed to the entrance. There's plenty of room for your 5th Wheeler, or your Winnebago.
We are moving with the times, and now offer a dump point for your effluent, a washing machine and dryer for convenience & a Iphone & Ipad charging station.
This is an excellent location for Caravan Club Rallies.
The managers at the Boreen Point Campground Matt & Debbie, provide a warm welcome and information about the local area which they love.
Facilities at the park include:
- 8 powered sites suitable for small caravans
- Numerous camping areas in natural bushland suitable for tents and camper-trailers
- Gas BBQ's and drinking water (holding tank, not town water)
- Hot showers and flushing toilets (Borewater)
- Dog Friendly, DOGS BY PRIOR APPLICATION (please note: No pets allowed during peak periods) - Application form can be found at the end of this page. Download the pdf and complete the information and return to us for approval PRIOR to making a reservation. Noting your Dog must been on a lead at all times, or contained in your caravan.
- Sewerage dump point
- Phone & Ipod Charging Station
Things to do near the park include:
- Canoe the lake and upper Noosa River
- Explore the Great Sandy National Park
- Cycle or hike the Noosa Trail Network
- Climb Mount Cooroora and Tinbeerwah
- Take a scenic drive to Pomona, Cooran and Kin Kin
- Follow the Noosa Bird Trail
- Visit the Noosa Botanical Gardens at Lake Macdonald
- Visit Eumundi Markets (Wednesday, Saturday) and Noosa Farmers Markets (Sunday)