Nature Lovers Alert! Camping in natural bushland on the shore of Lake Cootharaba, the largest lake on the Noosa River. Lake Cootharaba has been a popular spot for camping, fishing and sailing for more than 70 years. Keep the tradition alive and set up camp in one of the most pristine and untouched natural areas on the Sunshine Coast.
Here's the Campground sitemap & rules, so you can start planning your stay.
What we've got:
- Direct access to the shallow waters of Lake Cootharaba.
- Numerous free range camping spots all in natural bushland.
- Plenty of opportunities to capture a photo of the sunrise or the sunset, depends on which part of the day you prefer.
- A foreshore area dedicated only to tent camping (no cars, boats or caravans allowed).
- 8 Powered sites suitable for small caravans (note we dont supply water or sullage).
- 6 Powered sites suitable for tents or campervans (again, we dont supply water or sullage).
- 4 Powered sites suitable for Long RV's (again, we dont supply water or sullage).
- A camp kitchen with Gas BBQ's, tables and preparation bench. Drinking Water thats tank not town water.
- Hot showers and flushing toilets (Borewater).
- A septic dump point.
- A charging station for your Smart Phones, Ipods and Batteries.
- We'll even let you bring your dog (contained in caravans and motorhomes only). But some rules apply for the peaceful enjoyment of everyone. Its by PRIOR APPLICATION AND APPROVAL, and the terms and conditions must be adhered to. Here's the dog application form
What else can you do while you're here:
- Swim, Fish, Relax, Read a book. You decide.
- Explore the Great Sandy National Park.
- Dont cook, Go to the pub - do you remember country style counter meals as a kid.? If the pub isn't your scene the cafe in town does a great burger, and dont start me on the chips.
- Get the kids to bring their pushbikes, frizbees, basket balls, they can play in the reserve adjoining the park for hours and hours. See if you can get them to leave their electronics at home as service is minimal. You might even get them to interact with you, now wouldn't that be good.
- Kayak, SUP or Canoe the lake and Noosa River.
- Hunt for butterflies, or the abundant species of birdlife.
- Take a Scenic drive through the Noosa Hinterland and surrounding towns. Check out Tourism Noosa's "Country Drive" Website.
- Visit the Tourism Noosa Information Centre
- Climb Mount Cooroora at Pomona.
- Take in the view from Mount Tinbeerwah just outside of Tewantin.
- Visit the Noosa Botanical Gardens at Lake MacDonald.
- Enjoy a coffee at Kin Kin.
- Stroll around the Eumundi Markets (Wednesdays Fridays & Saturdays).
- Pick up your organic fruit and vegies at the Noosa Farmers Markets, Noosaville (Sunday Mornings).
- Hit the shops & beach at Hastings Street, then return to the tranquility of the Boreen Point Campground.
- Follow the Noosa Bird Trail
- or just chill
The managers at the Boreen Point Campground Matt & Debbie, provide a warm welcome and information about the local area which they love.
Stuff you need to know before you come:
Stay at one of our other "Absolute Waterfront" parks!
Absolutely Fantastic for the kids. Clean excellent facilities. Friendly and helpful caretakers. Make sure you take supplies, bread and fuel a must.
Friendly and very helpful managers. Lake Catharabra is perfect for kids because it is quite shallow. The amenities were clean and well maintained. Two cafes in easy walking distance, and a pub with slightly expensive food. We found the other campers generally good natured and friendly, and were impressed by offers of help from other campers. Our main reservation was the crowded nature of the site because it had been advertised as having secluded tent sites. In January this is certainly not true and the tents are within metres of each other.
Just had our third time staying at the campground. It's such a great spot! Bush camping on the shore of Lake Cootharaba ... a very shallow and safe lake for children to swim and kayak in. Great small boat sailing, wind surfing etc too. Highly recommend his family friendly camp ground!
Have been coming to Boreen Point for over 20 years! Amenities are clean and caretakers are friendly and always up for a chat! If your after somewhere great for the kids and not going to break the bank this is the place for you!