Council will temporarily close the Noosa North Shore Beachfront Campground during 2017 to allow for essential maintenance and other site improvements. The proposed works will preserve the nature-based holiday experience the campground has offered visitors for more than 30 years.
To allow for the planned works Council is not currently accepting site reservations/bookings for dates beyond 31 May 2017. Council aims to reopen the campground in late 2017, subject to further notice.
While the campground is closed you might like to try the popular Boreen Point Campground which is set beside Lake Cootharaba.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Noosa North Shore Beachfront Campground on its reopening.
Please watch this site for further updates.
The Noosa North Shore Campground is located on the north shore of the Noosa River in a superb location right on the beach and surrounded by National Park.
The campground has limited amenities and basic facilities and is ideally suited to the more self-sufficient camper.
The site is a popular with campers who love to get away from it all and enjoy fishing, surfing, bushwalking, beach walking or 4 wheel driving. Vehicle access to the beach is available a few hundred metres north of the campground, providing a spectacular drive up the beach to Double Island Point, and across to Fraser Island.
While you enjoy a wilderness experience you are a short distance via ferry from Noosa which is one of Australia’s favourite holiday destinations or a short country drive to Noosa’s beautiful hinterland villages which all have something different to offer.
- 240 Wilderness Track, Noosa North Shore
- From Tewantin, catch the Noosa North Shore Ferries across the Noosa River to the Noosa North Shore (fees apply).
- The Campground is located 7.5kms from the ferry by sealed road.
- Suitable for tents, camper trailers, motorhomes and caravans
- 4 grassed powered sites
- 4 bush setting powered sites (max. length 18 ft)
- Numerous un-powered sites in sunny or shady locations
- Coin operated showers ($1)
- Flushing toilets
- Two (2) coin operated washing machines
- Waste dump facilities (chemical toilet waste and general refuse)
- Charging station (mobile phones and other devices)
- Well stocked kiosk
Important advice to campers:
- During peak holidays the sites are booked well in advance, so check before you arrive.
- Arrivals MUST be prior to 6 pm.
- There is no town water supply, so please conserve water and bring your own drinking water.
- The amenities’ building has limited facilities. It is located some distance from many of the sites, so bring your own portable toilet and camp shower (there is a dump point for chemical toilet waste).
- There is no site sullage, site water taps or camp kitchen.
- Driving on the beach in front of the campground is prohibited.
- The beach is not patrolled by life savers but there is an emergency beacon.